What is the cost?
We are always FREE and confidential.
What do you test for at your clinic?
We provide offsite lab testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea which are the two most common sexually transmitted diseases in Minnesota. If you test positive for either one, our medical staff will provide you with a prescription immediately following the lab report to the pharmacy of your choice.
Why should I get tested if I am not having any symptoms?
According to the CDC website, MOST people who have chlamydia and gonorrhea report no symptoms.
How long will my appointment take?
The appointment generally takes between 30-60 minutes depending on your needs.
What will happen at my appointment?
You will meet with a life coach in a safe, comfortable and private environment where you can have any questions about STD’s answered. Once you leave your urine sample and sign all the necessary paperwork you are free to go about your day. We generally receive the results back from the lab 2-4 days after your appointment and you will be contacted by our nurse regarding the results.
Please do not urinate for at least one hour before coming to your appointment. We appreciate you bringing a photo ID with you.
Facts about Sexually Transmitted Infections (FDA website)
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) affect millions of men and women in the United States each year.
- Anyone can become infected through sexual intercourse with an infected person.
- Changing sexual partners adds to the risk of becoming infected.
- Sometimes, early in the infection, there may be no symptoms, or symptoms may be easily confused with other illnesses.
Sexually transmitted diseases can cause:
- Tubal pregnancies, sometimes fatal to the mother and always fatal to the unborn child
- Death or severe damage to a baby born to an infected woman
- Sterility (loss of ability to get pregnant)
- Cancer of the cervix in women
- Damage to other parts of the body, including the heart, kidneys, and brain